Monday, June 1, 2009

Earth, Wind and Fire

My laptop sits on my desk which is in the kitchen. When I watch Angel I put her in the highchair and pull her close to me, sometimes she eats and watches me read or type away on other occasions I go to Youtube and bring up videos for her watch. Saturday it was Earth Wind and Fire videos, I love watching her get a kick out of the flashy videos and the music, grandpa dances around, croaks along to the lyrics and we have a great time, she is starting to really feel the rhythms, moving her body around. Bring up videos up on Youtube is one of those little pleasure of being a grandparent, we have sang and danced to Peter Gabriel, David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust, Allman Bros, Chris Ledoux, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Dixie Chicks, the Kinks, Stevie Ray Vaughan and other old school artist, just because grandpa is trying to plant a subliminal seed in her mind for good music, nothing selfish about that:-D The simple joy in just having fun with my little buddy, all giggles and smiles, inaudible words coming from her mouth, chubby arms, legs and butt moving around. Some people can’t handle a drama less life, being domestic and simple seems boring to them. If that is their bag then so be it but for me I will take cleaning up smashed banana’s, smeared in cookies and the rest for those moments of pleasure shared watching a video. Screw all the material bullshit, big bank accounts, and all that mess. Simple pleasure comes from simple things which leads to happiness and inter peace. Take away the laptop I could still mumble lyrics and rhythms to a few hundred songs, still do a silly dance, the laptop is just a bennie that I am grateful I can afford to have.

1 comment:

Shadow said...

it's the simple things that count the most! i used to be the out of myself, material person, and although nice to have, they have moved down my list of priorities...

and the music? good choice. keep it up. the bean (now 13) has a love for all that music, he's even learning some of those on his guitar, with stevie ray vaughan his all-time favourite, all because he's been exposed to it.