Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crazy, anal and still in recovery

Crazy thoughts from dreams and the moments of waking up. I am still crazy after all these years and differently still anal.
I woke up still remembering a crazy dream; I won’t get into the dream other than to say that an ignorance I thought was somewhat under control reared its ugly head and reminded me that this defect of character was still present.
The next thing I heard was the dogs going crazy and I thought a possum had manage to get into the house via the duct work, the cats have found a way to do this. Thing is I didn’t jump up or get excited, just started thinking about a way to catch it without killing it or if I did have to kill it do so without much of a mess. No idea where the possum thing came from I haven’t seen any around here, but they are thick in other parts of town. Strange how the mind works.
Next I headed to the kitchen to start the coffee and saw the kids had forgotten to turn the porch light off again!! Well my dad in me flared up but calmed down pretty quickly. Someday they will have to pay their own electric bill and understand why the old man would get so anal over stuff like this, karma works this way.
Later I went to the noon “12 and 12” study meeting, a meeting I rarely attend but I had heard the “God as we understand him” people have been standing up to the thumpers in support of the newcomers who don’t or can’t understand God. The thumpers were not there but we had a brilliant meeting on the 5th step.
This evening I am taking some people to an AA campout 15 miles south of town; there is a potluck supper and campfire meeting. I made my famous macaroni salad with peas, cucumbers, green onions, bell peppers, eggs and cheese, the old farm kid in me knows you never go to a potluck empty handed unless you are dead broke. I am looking forward to a good evening of fellowship with people who I care about.
So what is the point of all this. Well I still have work to be done on me. I need these reminders of ignorance still lingering, of having a bad temper just under the surface to keep me aware of how much I need to still pay attention to what is going on and be aware of my actions and reactions. Need to see how I can go about things with expectation and how the Higher Power will mess them up to teach me something for the good. I still need to know that I am crazy and anal even in the best of times. I haven’t graduated from the daily lessons of life. I still need and want what the fellowship and through it my Higher Power has to offer.
Well I need to call some folks so HAVE A GREAT ONE.
Peace Love and Light
Scott

3 comments:

DM said...

yes, Scott, I totally get it. Sometimes there is nothing as helpful as a good character defect to remind you that you never stop learning...

I have been enjoying staying posted on your life, we seem to have a great deal in common - weird odd eccentricities...kinda cool.

Shadow said...

the mind is a mind-boggling thing. how it goes on a tangent, seemingly without prompt, i'll never understand. and correcting wrong thinking... another hard one. but you're sounding good nonetheless. i tried your chorizo, egg, pepper thingy you sopke about the other day, and it was DIVINE. now i have a macaroni salad to try. thank you...

Practical Dharma said...

I like your insights in this. I could post my comments here, but can I be presumptuous and ask that you look at the last post of Practical Dharma? (http://www.practicaldharma.net)

Pat Quinn