Saturday, May 30, 2009

Things that make you happy

Shadow pose the question, 6 things that make you happy? I'm not sure I can keep it that short but will try and pin point it down.

My granddaugher, her smile, laughter, singing and talking, everything she does even the nasty diapers.

Seeing an eagle or hawk in flight.

newborn animals, calves, colts, puppies, rabbits and the rest

the smell of a spring/early summer rain or just afterwards

hearing a great old song that I haven't heard in years

watching a newcomer start to feel better and enjoy recovery

happiness is seeing those I care about happy

emials, text or comments from friends

helping others without expectations

cruising down gravel roads just for the heck of it

knowing that people love me for who I am and not who I want to be

being sober and walking the path

There are 12 just off the top of my head.

2 comments:

simon jacobs said...

The post about the "canyon" trip
inspires me to travel West...so
much out there that can provide
healing...and so many dark corners
perhaps also...

You sure know alot more about AA then I do!...thats fine...I am
barely a year into formal recovery
work in terms of reaching out to others.

I like the St Francis Prayer...haven't thought about it in a while....it really meshes
nicely with all the ideals of
Dharma.

Shadow said...

wow, a great 12 they are! there are many there that make me happy too.