Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jacko and Farrah

Just a quick note about the loss of 2 celebrities today. I remember Michael Jackosn back when he was a litle kid only a few years older than me, I thought the Jackson 5 were the second best group after the Osmond Brothers, years before I discovered the Allman Brothers. Over the years I have really cared less about most of his music, although I did like Off the Wall. My music is more blues influenced, folky singer song writer stuff, mixed with progressive and punk, but I always respected Michael for his talent. When he became the unusual eccentric person he was to the end I always fell a bit of sadness for him. There was something missing in his life that all the money and fame couldn't buy and I think he did try to buy happiness and secure his place in pop history. My heart has been broken more by the death of other musicians but I am still sad that he has died, I feel compassion for a lost boy who was cruelly treated by the media and society for being a sick eccentric. I hope his spirit is a peace now!!

Farrah drove my teenage hormones crazy, that poster and those nipples where quite erotic for there day, thanks Farrah for the good dreams. I admire her for the serious woman she became, the Burning Bed is a classic. I also admire the strength she showed in the later years and her charity towards others. It was sad the way her life ended. Blessings to you lovely lady.

1 comment:

simon jacobs said...

When I heard both had passed I
immediately thought that "finally
the 20th century has come to a close".

Lincoln or bust!

I am not sure yet whether I am
moving anywhere.

Not sure yet about some deeper
issues....strange tidings in
my spiritual heart that I thought
had been resolved.

Pete.