Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Official I'm moving to Lincoln

Shadow you are so right the simple thing would be for people to treat others as they want to be treated, I doubt if Nugent and the rest would like to be blown to pieces or tortured slowly.

Well my house was purchased so now there is no turning back, no more time for self doubt. I told my boss and the president of the company this morning that starting July 2nd I would be in and out until the 10th which would be my last day at work; there are a couple of people who can do my job with a refresher course. It is dead slow right now with July and August looking like the same; the powers that be have my cell phone number so they can call me if there are problems. The trouble with doing a job for 10 years is there is a lot of information and rhyme reason stored in my head that just can’t be written out in a procedure. I told my boss and the president of the company I appreciated them sticking by me during the black years. My leaving hit them rather hard but they understand my need to move on and pursue a career that my heart is really into. They also understand my need for a bigger community.

My recovery friends are really expressing their sadness over my leaving but once again understand and wish me the best. I will be in Kearney every other week or so because of Angel, my mom and Mich, so I will see as many as possible, plus a lot of people like to go to Lincoln shopping so they can visit me and have a place to crash if they need it. I still have plans to be involved in weekend AA events in Kearney and we have a big campout planned in August with the Happy Campers group.

There is a tiny bit of anxiety happening, but I am living in the moment and doing the footwork available. I sent an application to the Lincoln Housing authority yesterday; they have houses for rent, so hopefully I can find a house through them. Job wise is a matter of sending out resumes and waiting. I figured out that over the last 28 years I have only had 5 jobs, 2 of them for under 2 years, I have had a couple of part time jobs but I don’t count them. I am in hopes that my job record and military background will assist me in landing a job at a treatment center or halfway house, I have had good karma with job interviews most of my life and I hope it holds true this time.

Well I another topic for tomorrow, one of my sponsee’s was banging meth this weekend so I will write about that tomorrow. Tonight my home group is having its annual cookout and speaker meeting in the park, I am going early to help set up, I have nothing else to do.

Until the next time
Peace Love and Light

2 comments:

DM said...

YAY! An adventure. It looks you and I will both be starting new lives.

Scary, yet great, right?

Shadow said...

wow, you're on your way... a brave man with a courageous heart. and above all, you're doing it for the right reasons.... you're an inspiration! enjoy the cook-out!