Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You may say I am dreamer

Well I didn’t think I would be writing this soon again but it is flippin dead at work and I need something to keep me occupied for another hour. So here are some thoughts or a thought that has been running through my mind this afternoon.

I wish there was a way to get everyone to listen to and follow Thich Nhat Hanh teachings. Yah I am extremely bias to his teachings, I love the man’s writings, and he has such a wonderful way of explaining things. He is very humble and understanding. Thay not only teaches the Dharma, he also talks a lot about Jesus of Nazareth and his true message. Why do I want people to read or listen to the words of Thich Nhat Hanh? Because this world we live in is sorely lacking in compassion, loving kindness and tolerance. Today at work there was a video email going around, the email was Ted Nugent spouting off about killing people and such, total intolerance, now grant it Ted Nugent is a complete horses ass and should be taken with a grain of salt but the fact was people were praising what Nugent had to say. I spoke my peace and said that violence was not the solution and it would only create more violence and suffering for everyone, needless to say I was scoffed at. Yes folks I am a weenie liberal pacifist, although one who spent 21 years serving in the armed forces, so I don’t know anything. I hear all this intolerance and it really can make a person sick, Rush Limbaugh the king of intolerant talk radio often gets played on the radio, my boss calls the virtual players in computer Hearts vulgar names. Different co-works often step into my office, I share it with my boss, they say degrading things about other workers, engineering or upper management. If only the media would replace the barrage of intolerant talking heads with people like Thay, I don’t care what religion they are or aren’t as long as they talked about the alternative to violence and intolerance, maybe after awhile some of the message would start to sink through the ignorance of the people who gobble up hatred and fear. It really is sad you know. And if just isn’t the right wing doing this, the left is just as guilty and in the name of Right View I had to stop reading or watching intolerant liberals. We are the fortunate ones, those of us who understand that intolerance is unhealthy for us and creates spiritual sickness. I raise my coffee cup to my Christian, Buddhist, Pagan, Islamic, Jewish, Naturalist, agnostic and the rest, brothers and sisters who live their lives in peace and do their best to show the rest of the world how to live via example. We don’t have to preach, we can simply state our beliefs without getting into a fight, short sweet and to the point. We carry loving kindness and compassion around inside of us and it shows on the outside with the people we encounter daily. This is something Thay has instilled in me, but it has been there all along, via my early encounters with Jesus and Native American shaman, it just took reading and listening to him to awaken the understand and show me the true sense of it all. There is no way to change the world, the media and people in general over night but maybe tiny steps can be made if we join together in unity for the good of our world and it’s future.

Yeah you can start playing John Lennon now, “you may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one, I hope some day you’ll join us and the world will live as one”

For what it’s worth those are my thought right now.
Peace Love and Light
Scott

1 comment:

Shadow said...

you know, if everyone out there, just treated people the way they would like to be treated, many a problem would be solved...