Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gratitude List time



The above picture is one I took last night of Angel after she ate a chunky chocolate chip cookie, she had cookie in her hair, all over her face, chest, leg, hands and arms, she cleaned up nicely and mommy knew nothing about it.

On the way to work I had a couple of gratitude thoughts and thought is was time to post a gratitude list again, just some basics that are going through my mind right now, not the whole Big list.

I am grateful that I have a wonderful granddaughter to spoil
I am grateful that that same baby girl feels safe and secure with me
I am grateful that I can hear my granddaughter crying at 4:45am, get up give her some
medicine for her teething and a bottle, be able to go back to bed and then get back up
and make it to work on time
I am grateful that after my employer drop our health care I had the VA to fall back on, so
I am covered
I am grateful that I have a bunch of good friends who enjoy recovery as much as I do
I am grateful that these same friends are going to go on a spiritual campout this weekend
with me
I am grateful that I have the means to go camping at all
I am grateful for service work, even if does piss me off that I can’t get others to help pick
up some of the slack, their lose not mine
I am grateful for having a great kid
I am grateful for being able to put the shoes in the closet for a few months
I am grateful I have more than 1 pair of footwear to choice from
I am grateful I work for an Ag related company and we are stable
I am grateful I can see and smell the smells and sights of spring
I am grateful for rebirth in nature, calves, colts, and all creatures and plant life
I am grateful for having 2 dogs that love me even if they can be a pain in the ass
sometimes
I am grateful for hot coffee and ice tea
I am grateful for chocolate chip cookies and chorizo with eggs, onions and peppers
I am grateful for online friends and family
I am grateful that I never became interest in video games, thus I still write and read
I am grateful I found the Dharma and started my practice
I am grateful I can be comfortable with being non-status quo
I am as always grateful I am sober and drug free today
I am grateful I am alive
I am grateful I never maimed or killed anyone while driving drunk
I am grateful I am not incarcerated

Well I will end the list here. Feel free to add your own things you are grateful for in the comments.

Peace, Love and Light
Scott

1 comment:

Shadow said...

i'm greatful i found you here. your outlook on life is refreshing. and that you knew to clean up that cute cute face... have a super weekend break!