Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Something on Tuesday

Went to my home group tonight and we had a great meeting on ego and humility. Humility reminds me that everything I have comes from the God of my understanding and that my first priority is to service God and my second is to serve others, I am just a vessel and need to remember this even when I get nice kudos's.

We had a newcomer at the meeting, like first meeting new and when we closed he was confused about the holding of hands for the Serenity prayer, the old timer beside him told him "we hold hands so it doesn't leak out" cracked me up, I have never heard this before and LOVE it.

Worked the 11pm to 7am shift last night, one of the day shift replacements didn't show so I stayed until 9am to cover handing out meds and other stuff until my supervisor got in. I hope she is alright because she didn't call in and wouldn't answer her phone. She is in recovery but her boyfriend recently relapsed so I am a bit worried about her, something to pray for.

I went to bed at 10:30am and was woken up the the neighbors woofer going boom boom boom at 2pm. I politely went next door and asked them to turn it down which they did. There was a time when I wouldn't have been so nice about it. There was a time when I was the one playing the stereo loud in a dorm room not caring who I bother also.

In the Spiritual group Sunday morning, I read from the Grapevine book called Beginners Book which is a bunch of Grapevine stories about early recovery. I read a story about gratitude and then had the clients list 5 or more things they were grateful for. There lists were good and they understood the meaning but I didn't get the feedback I thought I would, so much for expectations. This may be one of those things that will sink in later, who knows. I ended the group my playing Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World, it was a joy to see people smiling when the song started playing, playing the song was an inspiration from God and I am glad I heeded it.

From my library window I can view my neighbors big old maple tree, it is painted orange, yellow and green. What a lovely sight to see while I set at my desk, online or reading.

I have 4 days off in a row this week which bites but that is just how things go. I am thankful I found a mom and pops video story close to my house where I can rent older movies for $1, newer movies for $2 and complete series for $5. They have a good select of TV series to rent, I rented Dark Shadows series to watch. They also have a lot of off the wall movies, which is right up my alley. I am grateful for this little story because it provides cheap entertainment for the days I am off.

Life is good as always. I hope every one is basking in the Sunlight of the Spirit.

Peace Love and Light
Scott

5 comments:

Tall Kay said...

OMG! I remember Dark Shadows, what a hoot! I don't know what I would do with 4 days off (and not be sick). I can't sit still long enough to watch more than one movie...maybe I'd clean out the garage? Nah, rather be at work! Enjoy your mini-vacation.

Shadow said...

4 days off? mmm, give them to me, pleeeeez. and may i say that you are sounding perfectly at peace...

Anonymous said...

Why is four days off in a row a bad thing?

Hi Scott!

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

I LOVE it: "We hold hands so it doesn't leak out." Perfect!!!