Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Randoming

Going to try and do this bullet point thing since there are no big stories to tell.

I completed phase 1 of the medical training, I can now give medication to the clients, it is all about precise documentation and following the directions thoroughly

Not sure when I will go to CPR and first aid but that isn't a problem since first aid is well ingrained in my mind

I thanked God for waking me up in just enough time to make it to the training class plus giving me those green traffic lights,

One of my dad's sister's pasted on, but it was a blessing, she has been gone mentally for about 5 years and was only exsisting as a person, she is at peace now, sad thing is there are only 2 of the 8 kids from my dad's side alive, a generation is coming to an end.

My daughter has moved to a nice income based apartment, she is on her own, no boyfriend, now she has the chance to experience the responsiblities of paying bills and make ends meet.

My daughter and granddaughter are coming down to visit next weekend, it will be their first visit at my house, going to buy Angel some winter clothes, plus need to get some toys for the house, did I ever tell you I love being a Grandpa!!

My daughter is also getting things together to start winter college classes at a community college and I am so greateful

Just because someone has 12 years sober doesn't always mean they act that way, a misunderstanding has erupted into name calling and I am not participating

Thank you God for a good sponsor

Greatful also for having the God conscience it talks about in the 10th step because today I don't react to others behaviors out of spite or one upmanship

I have had to put my sandals in the closet for the most part, cold weather has come to Nebraska so out come the Doc's, not happy about having to wear shoes but such is life in the midwest and the cycle of seasons, not ready for the cold north winds but I would move from here either, well not at this point in my life anyway, give me another 20 years and San Jose or Austin might be more tempting

The leaves are starting to change and fall from the trees, haven't had a frost yet but will before too long, over night temps in the 40's

New avenues opening up, next week I will work a few day shifts, which gives me a chance to sit in on sessions between counselors and clients, I find this very interesting and challenging, it will give me a better understanding of the counselors and the reasons they have clients work on certain projects plus the counselors will get to know me better

I am greatful that I am respected by my peers and the counselors, God has done for this old grease monkey what he couldn't have done for himself

Made a new friend on Sunday, a young woman in her late 20's who's taste in things are older, might ask her if she wants to check out a Greek restarant that we both know about but have never eaten at, she likes ethinic food as much as I do plus the simplier things in life, turning it over to God

I have official made the Tuesday night meeting my home group, I will now tell my supervisor I am not available on Tuesday evenings, I am greatful for finding a home group and also greatful that I am secure enough with the job to ask for one evening a week off without fear of being called a slacker

Life is good in all ways, thanks to being sober, thanks to the God of my understanding, thanks to good meetings, thanks to a good sponsor, thanks to living the 12 steps to the best of my abliity on a daily bases, thanks to having you wonderful bloggers who give such great meetings between meetings.

I would have never dreamed that I would be able to handle lifes little bouts of anxiety so easlily and quickly, I feel the anxiety for what it is, share a cup of coffee with it, give it to to God and move on, some times we share a few cups of coffee but the anxiety doesn't last for days on in like it use to.

Well campers once again I have proven that I am long winded when I put my fingers to the keyboard, the insecure me would call this a character defect but the awaken me knows it is just who I am and I can dig that.

Peace Love and Light to all, may the sunlight of the Spirit shine upon you!!!
Scott

5 comments:

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great post, so nice to know that we all have real lives and thos amazing day to day things to attend too!

Your daughter sounds to be on a good clip, living on your own is SO worth it!

You...loving being a grandpops....I hadn't noticed...LOL!

Oh and on your bookshelf...I love Christopher Moore books, he's hilarious..I haven't read Lamb yet...but will soon!

Stay warm and like you I've had to pull out the shoes..:-( and sweaters...

Shadow said...

congratulations on achieving your medical training. loved the green traffic lights, although i'm sad about you having to put your sandals away. never mind, there'll always be another summer...

Paula said...

I love how you describe the countryside. Yepp, I got the idea before that you love being grandpa ;-))))
Thanks for stopping by ever so often to check on me. I needed a few days off to recuperate. But I am better by the day. Wish u a great weekend

diane d said...

Can I ask what sort of work you do?

I love what you wrote about not being so anxious anymore. That is exactly where God has put me also.