Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Master uses Different Paint

I woke this morning and found out the Master artist had changed the color of It's paints, It was using to color this part of the world. There is a lot of white covering things. My lawn is covered in white, the tree's have felt the stroke of the brush in fact every thing but the warm pavement is at least partially covered in white. I must admit I am not a winter person, I love being outdoors but not when the temperature drops below 40 degrees. I don't mind snow though, I see the beauty in it, the touch of the Master Painter giving me a different view outside my windows, giving me another chance to be truly aware of this gift we call life. Some of my Facebook friends are bitching about the snow and I feel sad for them, sad because their eyes are closed, sad because they still haven't grasped steps 11 and 12, someday I hope they do because I love these people.

I am grateful I have a warm house to live in. That I have the money to keep the electricity on so I can keep the coffee flowing, make some soup for late lunch or early supper. I am grateful that I can sit here in thin sleep pants, t-shirt and barefoot and write about stuff on my laptop in comfort. I am grateful for the little white dog at my feet, the one that lays on top of me while I sleep. I am grateful I had a Friday night off and was able to go to meeting I really like with people I am close to but have missed because of my work schedule. I am grateful that today people who I haven't seen in a while welcome with smiles and hugs, unspoken "I missed you". I am grateful for the new people in my life, that I can tease them and they can tease me in return. I am grateful, and this may sound egotistical or weird, but when I speak I speak from the heart and no longer bullshit people in an attempt to impress or feel superior, God gives me the words and I am It's messenger. I never felt or feel comfortable bullshitting anyway, it just seems ugly to me, oh I still slip every once in a while but I get this nasty gut feeling when I do it. Even though I haven't heard from my daughter all week I am grateful that I know she is safe and that God is taking care of her, my granddaughter and the baby inside my daughter.

A little snow is just a part of life where I live, hell a lot of snow and ice is a part of life also. Snow will come and snow will go and each day begins anew. Today I didn't come to from drinking too much last night. I haven't opened my frig to check out how much beer I have nor I am I on my 6Th one by noon, I don't have to leave the house to get more beer to make it through the weekend.

Tomorrow I am working my first early Sunday shift, 7am to 3pm. We have a 10:30am group discussion on Spirituality and Mediation. My young coworker, the same one who I do the anger management group with is working with me. I bought a copy of Came To Believe yesterday and read part of it last night, today I plan on reading the rest, it has been a couple of years since I last read it and I gave my copy to a friend in jail. I am hoping that I can find a story or 2 in the book that will be appropriate for the beginners at the treatment center, if nothing else there is always the 11Th step chapter in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions to read, followed by listening to a mediation CD. Since tomorrow morning will be slow my coworker and I can go over the material and I will listen to her input and we should be able to come up with a plan for the group. God will give us the answer to our question and deliver the message the way it is intended to be heard, as long as I do a bit of footwork and keep the big "ME" out of it.

Well campers it is time to take a hot shower, then do some house work, plus I have some dry bread for the birds and tree rats to eat, I need to move the bird seed from the shed to the house so it is easier to get to now that God has announced that winter is on the way. Oh yeah a bit of Tran-Siberian Orchestra is in order to mark the coming of the celibration for a carpenter's son who was born to teach people about love, kindness and compassion, TSO really understands the meaning of Christmas without being over the top either commercially or preachy, if you have never listened to Old City Bar by them please check it out it is a beautiful song and talks about how wonderful humans can really be.

Peace Love and Light to all
Scott

7 comments:

DM said...

Yeah, my dad and I love TSO, too. He has seen them in person a couple of times and said they were amazing!!!!

Paula said...

Scott, I am no winter person too. It will be my first winter in Germany after 6 years of absence! Napoleon Bonaparte said about Germany: 6 months winter and 6 months no summer!
I love your awareness and kindness. I love passing by and feeling your gratitude. Thanks for being out there

Shadow said...

all this snow talk on these blogs is making me jealous. all i can say is i woke up to heavy drizzle rain and cool cool breezes this morning, the kind of atmosphere in the air that i love. have a super sunday scott!

Anonymous said...

Great gratitude list, Scott. This post has gotten my day off to a great start!

(Perhaps, instead of soup, you can have Rosy Perfection Salad? Or Jellied Tomato Refresher? No?)

Thanks for stopping by ;)

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
diane d said...

I've had to remind myself of the same things but in the opposite direction...with the heat!

Your job sounds wonderful! I am going back to school for my AA in Human Services with a minor in Alcohol/Drug studies. I'm thinking some kind of counseling.

Tall Kay said...

Waking up to snow is an experience we never get in So Cal. It's hard to imagine how difficult winters must be in the snow.

I wanted to thank you for all your kind comments. You do have lots to say! God bless and keep warm!