Thursday, October 29, 2009

My dog went to jail

Just posting some odds and sods.

My little client P is leaving tomorrow. She got a call Wednesday and the women's halfway house has an open bed for her. She thought it was going to take 4-6 weeks for a bed to open up but God is working in her life so she is going straight from treatment to the half way house.

P also committed to a service work at a Wednesday night meeting, she is going to be doing set up for the month of November. I gave her a lot of praise for this and told her that if she keeps doing the actions she is doing now she should be alright. She is working with a sponsor, going to meetings, starting the steps and now doing service work.

I have worked 3 overnight shifts in a row this week. Tomorrow and Saturday I work the 3pm to 11pm, Sunday is 7am-3pm and then Monday an overnight. My body clock is getting all weirded out, but at least I can function on 6 hours of sleep or so.

My dog slipped out the door Tuesday night when I stepped out to throw some apple cores in the yard for wildlife, she rarely does this and once she is gone I can't get her back until she is ready to come home. This happened when I was getting ready to leave for work, so I just had to go to work hoping she would be alright being outside over night, she only weighs 5lbs. When I got home Wednesday morning she wasn't home, kind made me sick to my stomach. I called the Humane Society and sure enough she was caught wondering around. It cost me $85.00 to bail her out. The good thing is this happened close enough to paid day that I floated a check and also at least she was caught by them instead of someone taking her or her being run over. I will be really careful now about where she is when I open the door. She is my little companion and I would miss her dearly if she wasn't here.

Ya tomorrow is payday!!! I am managing on only getting paid once a month but it is really different. I have to get stamps so that I can pay my bills and then figure out how much I have to live off of for the rest of the month. Still wouldn't go back to my old job though.

Tomorrow we are having a potluck at work for Halloween, so I am making a pot of chili to take, since I am working second shift I will make enough for us to eat on that shift as well.

My daughter and grand baby are doing well, so far neither have got the flu that is going around.

I feel really sorry for the farmers!! It has been a really wet fall so they haven't been able to get into the fields to harvest corn and soy beans very much. The western part of the state is getting hit with heavy wet snow, so those farmers are in a bind for a while. The beans and corn can be dried in large grain bins but that is expensive plus and most don't have that kind of storage, the rain and snow make it hard for them to get their combines in the fields due to the mud also. Hopefully it will dry up soon.

I have to work on lesson plans for anger management and spirituality groups today. I think for anger management I am going to use the passages on selfishness and self centeredness out of the Big Book, I did this a couple of months ago, started out by talking about suffering and the cause of suffering being unhealthy desires and how our anger stems for these desires not being met, thus selfishness being the root of all our troubles. For spirituality I have this hair brained idea, we will read Acceptance is the Answer from the Big Book, then I an am going to have them take out 3 sheets of paper, on the first write down 5 or more things they like about themselves, on the next 5 or more things they want to change about themselves and on the last 5 or more things they can't accept. Next we will go outside, say a prayer to the God of their understanding surrendering the dislikes and non-acceptable's and also asking for help with acceptance and change, them we will burn those 2 list. I want this to be a God box with fire. I will tell them they still have to continue to work on their problems but also to remember that they turned their problems over to God in a fire ceremony. Like I said this is hair brained but using symbolism may create a special effect with them. Humans tend to love symbolism in spiritual practices so it is worth a try. Any feedback from my Campers would be appreciated.

Well I suppose it is time to get in the shower and start doing some things around the house and get the chili started.

Peace Love and Light to all of you!!!
Scott

6 comments:

DM said...

And you think I should get one of those? hahahahahaha

Tall Kay said...

I don't think I could have gone to work if Molly was missing..so good you got her back.

I think the burning is a wonderful idea. Learning acceptance and letting go are great lessons! Your lesson plan sounds very 'enlightening'!

Shadow said...

i'm so glad you found your pup. i'd loose a little chunck of my heart if i lost one of mine...

diane d said...

Great news for your client! Good for her!
Your schedule is INSANE!!
Thank God you found your little dog!
And I think your idea for your spirituality lesson is AWESOME!!!

Paula said...

Glad you got your doggie back. Am I invited for the chili? Love form Germany

Nikki (Sarah) said...

congrats on the new babe