Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS




Just a couple of images I liked to express Christmas for me. I love nostalgic pictures of old houses in the country, there is something very romantic about them, it is also my dream to live in an old farm house surrounded by the beauty of nature. The dolphin is my symbol for all living creatures. I was looking for an image of a pack of wolves in the forest surrounded by trees and snow but couldn't find one, that would have been a more fitting image, so tap your imagination my friends.

I hope every one has a wonderful Christmas. That you enjoy the day in the way that brings you the most joy and happiness. That you love and feel loved. For those of you in recovery I pray that it is a day without a desire to drink or use. I pray that the God of your understanding blesses each and every one of you, on Christmas day and throughout the year.

I may or may not be seeing Angel, my daughter, mom and family on Christmas day. There is a strong chance of bad weather. Right now we are receiving rain, it is suppose to continue to rain and maybe turn to snow, they are predicting this for tomorrow as well. If the highways are icy and snow covered I will not try traveling. With the main highway being on a open plain what happens is, it gets icy from blowing snow. I if I can't make it home for Christmas it will be alright, I have next Tuesday and Wednesday off and if the weather permits I will go home then. My daughter has called a couple of times. She really is missing me at this time of year but on the other hand she doesn't want me driving. The weather is out of her control and she is very anxious over that. I just keep telling her we will just have to wait and see what the roads are like at 3pm Christmas day.

I have lived long enough in this state to know that the forecast can be wrong sometimes, to not get overly worried, yes make sure you have food to eat just in case you are snow bound but not to get all freaked out either. I have watched way too many people get all stressed out over a weather forecast and then nothing happens, maybe I am cynical but way screw up your interpeace over something that may not happen. Like I said take precautions and then accept what will happen. I can be a bit of an asshole when it comes to my feelings about how others need to accept the weather for being the way it is, we are sooo powerless over it why get all stressed out. I need to work on accepting others and not allow their actions to piss me off.

Quickie thankful list.

Thankful for having a daughter that loves and cares about me and wants to spend time with me, after all the bad times we had.

Thankful for a warm home, food to eat, hot water, I am bless because many in this world don't have these things

Thankful that my mom is still alive and I can be apart of the time she has left

Thankful for my friends back home and my new ones here

Thankful for my blogger friends, their love and well wishes

Thankful that I don't have the desire to drink, even with all great sale prices and colorful advertisements that try to convince me that I don't have a problem, that I could be all cheery with a cold bottle of Bud, yeah right death and destruction for people like me

Thankful for my daily reprieve and my willingness to continue my spiritual maintenance

Thankful that I no longer hate Christmas and those that get carried away with it

Thankful that I am alive, have a great job, am of service to my God

I will stop there, cause I just relized the list could go on for a lot longer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PEACE, LOVE AND LIGHT, PLENTY OF SUNLIGHT OF THE SPIRIT TO ALL
Scott

6 comments:

Lori said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for this Christmas season. You do have much to be thankful for as I do or I should say we all do, but can only speak for myself. :) I understand what you are saying about the weather. We have no control over it and it can be frustrating to see people worked up and stressed out over something that is out of all our control. The weather is bad here in Minnesota already....started snowing lightly when I left for work this morning and it snowed lightly all day. Then on my way home this evening I could tell it was snowing more. Ugh. Now it is snowing much harder. Both my husband and I have to work tomorrow but I have already arranged with the lady I care for to not come there if the roads are bad since it is a 40 minute drive the way it is. We are suppose to get dumped on over the next couple of days...15-20 inches they are saying or more. It is doubtful that we will be traveling on Christmas either. We will go with the flow and just be here. Play in the snow...just enjoy being snowed in since there is nothing we can do about it anyways. :)

Because I have to be away from most of my kids and grandchildren I do understand how hard it is to be a part from those you love during times like these. But, I also think that everything happens for a purpose and that things are the way they are suppose to be. (no matter how much we fight it :)

I pray that as you work through out these holidays that you will be blessed with such peace, joy and love for those you are working with. I remember my Christmas in treatment and it makes me pray for you. I hope that's okay? I also pray that your daughter and granddaughter will be safe and have a nice time even if you are unable to make it to them. I pray that no matter what happens with your weather there, that the peace, joy, love and all that is good and wonderful surround you and yours. Be well. Be safe. But most of all hold on to all that is good! Hope you have a happy & merry Christmas no matter what you do! XX Lori

DM said...

Happy Holidays, Scott.

I am honored to have met you and become your friend this year.

~ Love, Sarah

Paula said...

I am so very happy to have met you. Like you I have so many things to be grateful for. Keeping my fingers crossed that weather permits you to travel. Love from Germany

Tall Kay said...

Merry Christmas Scott! I've been watching the reports on the 'blizzard' and I hope you get the chance to travel to see your granddaughter. May God bless you today and always. Hugs, Karen

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Dear Scott, passing by to show some love and that I am thinking of you. Hope you have a calm and content time. Hugs form Munich