Friday, December 18, 2009

LET GO

While I was out finishing my Christmas shopping, I stopped by the recovery bookstore to get some teaching material for the treatment center, I also bought some wallet cards for a couple of co-workers and spares to give out for anyone who needs a pick-me-up. I bought The Prayer of St. Francis and Disiderata and Let Go which I hadn't seen before. I thought I would share Let Go with you all, since me being the selfish person I am wanted to share the message with you because I like it. So away we go!!

Let Go

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else

To "let go" is not to cut myself off, its the realization I can't control another

To "let go" is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences

To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands

To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another, it's to make the most of myself

To "let go" is not to care for, but to care about

To "let go" is not to fix, but to be supportive

To "let go" is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being

To "let go" is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destinies

To "let go" is not to be protective, it's to permit another to face reality

To "let go" is not to deny, but to accept

To "let go" is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and to correct them

To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes, and to cherish myself in it

To "let go" is not to criticize and regulate anybody, but to try to become what I dream I can be

To "let go" is not to regret the past, but to grow and to live for the future

To "let go" is to fear less and to love more


I hope everyone has a great weekend basking in the sunlight of the Spirit.

Peace Love and Light in Fellowship
Scott

7 comments:

Shadow said...

thank! you! so much for this!!!

Paula said...

Dear Scott. I read and read and re-read your lst comment on my blog. I am humbled and deeply moved that you include me into your daily prayers. Took me some time before I actually could come over to you and tell you because that is how moved I am. Knowing this is a daily present, a daily gratitude and daily humbleness for me. Thank you so very much your prayer is a 365 present which accompanies me through my receovery. Your rodays post is very helpful and if it is ok for you I would love to copy it. Mill of hugs across the pond.

Lori said...

I love this! A copy of this should hang in every single persons home. Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

This is a good one, Scott. If I don't read you before Friday, have a great holiday!

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DM said...

Awesome post! And I'm sorry I haven't been around commenting in the last week, I've been busy letting go of my inhibitions.

Hahahaha! Love you!

Tall Kay said...

Thanks for sharing this Scott. These wise words are worth reading every single day! Love and hugs to you this Christmas week.