Friday, July 17, 2009

New Job

What a busy day!! We held a hambuger feed, bake sale, silent auction benefit for a fellow member who just finished chemo for thoat cancer, we were able to raise $3400.00 to help with medical and living expense, the fellowships really came alive to help him both with money and also helping during the benefit. Never doubt the love that recovering alcoholics and addicts have for one another!!

I got the job at the treatment center closer to where I am moving, it also pays better than the one where I would have to drive 45 minutes, in fact it is only 10 to 15 minutes away depending on traffic. I start my training on August 3rd, I think I will start out on day shift learning all aspects of the job and then be moved to nights since I am low person on the totem pole, this is cool since I was well aware that stepping into this type of job would probably take away my weekends, holidays and that I would be working overnights for a while. I am excited to start this new journey. I have spent my adult life working in mechanical related jobs, whether it was working on fighter jets, manufacturing steel beams or purchasing products for amnufactured products and associating closely with assemblers and engineers. The medical aspects of the job are a bit intimidating but I know I am smart enough to understand them, I just have to be patient with myself, I was taught first aid in the Air Force but never had to apply it much but with the new job I may have to use the techniques I was taught on occasion.

I moved some stuff into my new place on Thursday. God has a great sense of humor you know, it has been hot, dry and still for the last few weeks but late Wednesday night a storm brewed up and I got poured on for most of the drive to Lincoln. Thankfull most of my stuff was protected, the boxes were sealed and other stuff was placed inside of 2 bookcase with the shelves removed. I did some small stuff to the house and my friend in Lincoln helped me put some things away and then we caught a meeting. Sunday N and her kids are helping my move some more stuff. I will also take a load or two done during the week and finish on Friday. I am going to see if N will follow me once more, since I need to get my pickup there, having 2 vehicles and 1 drivers is a bit of pain for long distance moving, I will also see if she wants to spend the night and then on Saturday we can take the kids around differant things in Lincoln and then take them back here. N and I are still spending a lot of time together, just enjoying each others presents plus the kids like having me around, her oldest daughter and I have grown very close. God will take care of the relationship just like the job and that is it will be the way it is suppose to be.

Peace Love and Light

1 comment:

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.