Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday morning chat









Hi all!! We are having steady snow here this morning, probably 3 inches so far and it is expected to continue until tomorrow. Boss sent me a text to remind me if the schools are closed then so are we and I am NOT allowed to go to work. I have the on-call cell phone so it isn't a big deal. The funny thing is; there was a time in my life when I would have gladly accepted not going to work because I didn't care about the job I was doing, now I enjoy work and look foreword to being there and Have to be Told to stay home.

Our little miracle baby turned 1 on Monday!! The pictures show how much he has grown. A lot of us commented on how we didn't know if he would be with us for 1 day and how here it is a year later and he is a healthy baby. Mich had a party for him yesterday. I took my mom to Kearney with me to celebrate. He is amazing in retrospect. He is starting move around by rolling, he was clapping his hands yesterday and I caught this on video. One would never know he was such a fragile little being a year ago. Even though I don't have the daily interaction with him like I did with Angel when she was a baby, he still knows my voice and face and reacts with smiles when I talk to him. This is a gift of being sober and living a calm life.

I had to make a tough decision to not enable Mich and Matt this week. She called me and told me their electricity had been shut off. Prior to Christmas she called concerning her electric bill and I told her to talk to the power company. I couple of months ago I paid the past due plus a bit of the current due. I could have borrowed money this time but it wouldn't have helped them. They need to be responsible for their bills, talking to people when they can't pay them, never assuming just because they have babies the power company will not shut them off. There are also 2 people in the house who are capable of working and neither one has made an effort at getting a job. I don't care if Matt will possibly get his manufacturing job back in a month or so, possibilities aren't paying the bills today. Mich is just as guilty, it sucks she has less than ideal work history, history of being late for work and calling in because she can not work for one reason or another. The compassionate thing to do is let them sweat things out, figure out what they need to do to improve their situation. They will not learn if people keep bailing them out. She never told me how they got the power back on and I didn't ask. It is hard at times for me to let her suffer but I know it is the best thing to do, what happened wasn't life threatening, just a crappy situation they put themselves in.

Well campers it is time for the dog and I do have brunch. It will be a day spent inside watching movies, vegging on the couch and eating, which I am sure the dog will enjoy. Hope all is well in your lives!!!

Peace, Love and Light
Scott

5 comments:

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Look at this sweet adorable boy! Happy Birthday to your grandson. Carter? I am so thankful that he made it this far. What a miracle baby!

I hope that you can enjoy vegging out and watching movies and such while it snows outside. I would rather have the snow then bitter cold like we have been having lately. I live with 3 stir crazy little one's so am looking forward to warmer days even if that means more snow.

I do think you are making wise decisions in regards to this client. She is unable to understand or see so it is good she has people stepping in...not only for her best interest but of these children as well.

I hope things work themselves out in a good way with your partner. You are wise to keep the healthy boundaries and to be reaching out for yourself in this situation.

Enjoy the snow and your time relaxing...these can be very good for our souls. :) Take care Scott. XX

Anonymous said...

I love watching how you process your thoughts through your writing. Or at least I think that's what you're doing.

I'm glad to see you and your family are doing well and the little one has GROWN!!

(no work place relationships. just sayin'. trust me.)

Shadow said...

ever so nice to hear from you. and bless that little babe. 1 year old...

Paula said...

Congrats to Carter again! It is lovely to see him all smiling and well. Scott, whilst it is hard to let someone go. It isnt only in her best interest but yours as well. Same with this female partner. It is easy to get attracted for the wrong reasons. I love how you work your way through your issues here. Hope you find a sponsor soon. My CoDa group starts on Thursday and PTSD group on Saturday - looking very much forward to both.. Hugs across the plains