Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Short update






These are photo's from the upcoming movie "Lawn Ornament Hell". This is an actual apartment complex in North Platte Nebraska. I had made an appointment to see an apartment here over the phone, Lady B and I pulled up 10 minutes early for the appointment and spent those 10 minutes laughing our asses off. We had never seen so many lawn ornaments in our lives in a yard, there were small creatures, cartoon and TV figures, bridges, benches and all kinds of stuff. The inside was just as bad, there were cherubs on the walls leading up to the apartment, also the walls were covered with all kinds of stuff, every inch of the hot water heater had a frig magnet on it, the laundry room was painted purple and yellow. The only way to describe this place was surreal. There is no way an active alkie or doper could live there, they would just freak out. The landlady was very sweet and I am sure it is good place for someone to live but not me.

I am still in limbo, waiting for the background check from the state patrol to come back so I can get my job officially. This delay has worked in my favor because I have been able to help mom out with getting ready for her move. I have an apartment locked in, probably move the last weekend of the month. My days are up and down, I try to stay busy, cook, clean and do laundry for Lady B. Also hitting a meeting every couple of days.

Things are still going well with Lady B. I am having to remember how selfish a spoiled 8 year old can be. Lady B's son isn't that much different than Mich was at this age, basically Lady B made some of the same mistakes I did in compensating for having the other parent be still messed up and having spent time being messed up also. Lady B is doing her best and working on correcting some of the problems in a consistent but slow manner, not going over board and creating more troubles.

I had a good Easter. I had Angel over the weekend, Mich and her new boyfriend came down Sunday afternoon. We had Easter at Lady B's mom's with her sister and kids. It was a good time and I like her family.

Nothing really else. I keep stopping when I need to, breathing and reflecting, seeking awareness and a connection with the God of my understanding.

Hope all of you are well. I will try to comment on post and messages as soon as I can. I don't like hanging out at Lady B's work for too long and I am still not into this going to a restaurant and going on line, just seems strange to me plus I am uncomfortable stilling alone in a restaurant typing on a laptop, guess this is just one of those fears I am unwilling to face and do something about.

Peace Love and Light

5 comments:

Paula said...

Glad to hear from you! Nothing really going on? Well, I would describe your post about the charme of everyday life. I love it. it is charming yet drama-free. How much I long to reach that stage. Hugs and love from Germany

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You sound grounded. Thanks for checking in with us. I like to read about how you are doing :)

Unknown said...

Peace love and light to you too...and trust me rural WV and KY have a lot of lawn ornaments and the silly geese that people dress up to reflect different holidays..I giggle a lot too!

Glad you are well, glad you have time with your family...

ox
g

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool yard. We've got a retired fireman in our neighborhood who does lawn ornaments for holidays--Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, sure, but he also does St. Patrick's Day, Easter and the Super Bowl. Have no idea where he puts all that stuff!