Thursday, April 29, 2010

Move is Done

Well Lady B and I got everything moved Saturday. The weather was the shits to put it bluntly, rain off and on and nasty winds. We left Lincoln at 5:30pm and got into North Platte at 10:30pm finished unloading just after midnight. My old truck was a bugger to drive, she didn't like the wind and finally I got tired of the interstate and we took a 2 lane highway the last 90 miles. The old truck made it without any troubles for which I am grateful!! She looks rough as hell but runs great, minus no gas gauge, cruise control and a flaky speedometer. I finished getting the stuff out of the shed on Monday and the last cleaning done also, spent Monday night at Lady B's and have been in North Platte since Tuesday. I have most of the unpacking done, just have my cd's left to unpack and alphabetize again. Glad mom has the nice shed, I have a bunch of stuff in it with a bit more to go.

Still nothing on the job. I dropped off job apps at some of the motels in town, they need front desk help so maybe with my people skills I can get some work for a while. I also applied for food stamps, figured I have been paying taxes for over 30 years so I might as well take advantage of what I have contributed too and get a bit of assistance. It might take another 4 weeks for the exemption to be approved or denied. If it is denied I will start pounding the street for a long term job.

Oh yeah I am using the public libraries WiFi, feel much more comfortable in here and it is quiet also.

Mich and the kids are doing well from what she has told me. Carter will probably go home next week. He will need to be on a heart monitor. As far as they can tell he is seeing normally. Angel is alright also. I miss my little girl something fierce! Once Mich moves back to Kearney I will take Angel for the weekend, we have some cuddling to catch up on.

Lady B and I both commented on how strange it will be with me not living with her. We have really got along well, only a couple of hiccups and that was just a misunderstanding of how we react to certain things. We complement each other, something her sponsor commented on. I calm her down, keep her focused on living in the now and not worrying about the future. She in turns pushes me to ask for assistance's from agencies and where to find free things. She also doesn't want anything from me and pays for our meals sometimes because she knows I can't afford them.

My inter peace is good. When the anxiety hits I just stop and breathe as soon as I can, look at the fear, see what footwork I can do if any and move on. Once again the 12 steps are a plan for living and just not about putting the bottle down. If I am living the steps I can handle all the crazies life gives me with relative peace and serenity. Nothing is overwhelming, which is a switch from the drunken daze when everything was overwhelming. I will go to a meeting tonight and hopefully within a few weeks I will start finding meetings I really like and can be a part of.

Well campers but get back to business. My prayers are still with you all. Tomorrow I will post some long past due comments. May your God bless and keep you safe, may you find serenity in the storms, may you love each other and show compassion.

Peace Love and Light
Scott

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, Scott. You sound peaceful. Please don't give up hope on the job front. Something will come up.

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Prayer Girl said...

Hubby dear was always a violinist and always had second jobs. When I met him he was a night auditor. That seems to be a position that is often open. Day front desk help sounds good too.

Daughter was out of work a year and a half and she is finally employed. Thank you God.

I'll throw my prayers out into the Universe that you find God's will.

PG

Paula said...

You have kept quite busy over the lst few weeks yet I understand your concern about the job. Didnt know it might take that long to be checked? Anyway I keep my fingers crossed for you. Hugs and love across the pond

Anonymous said...

Transitions can be tough, at least they are for me. All the best to you during this trying time. Take care!

Paula said...

Passing by to show some love. Hope all if well on your side of the pond!

Lori said...

I have been MIA for way too long and I am sorry that I have not been by for a visit. I had this opportunity to stop by and say hello and to say thank you for the support you have shown me.

Even though I am kinda lost with this post as it sounds like lots has happened in you life in my absence, I offer up my support and encourage you to keep your head up. You really are an amazing man that has a lot to offer and your honesty and openness is a gift to so many. I pray that you find that job and that your daughter and grand children are doing well.

God willing I will be back to visit soon and catch up on your life. Bless you Scott. XX Lori