Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Carter and other things






Here are some pictures of Carter. Sunday was the first time I was able to hold him, he is very sweet. He smiled at me while I was talking to him. He is so tiny it is rather strange holding him, he is light at a feather it seems like. As far as we know he has no health problems. As of right now he will be coming home around April 21st which is his original due date. There are a lot of people who can't wait to see him.

I am still spending most of my time in Kearney at Lady B's house. Things are going really well with us. We are finding that we are very compatible together. We respect each other and accept that if one of us is having an off moment it is nothing personal. As for her son, we talk about him and how his father is effecting his behavior. It helps me to understand him better knowing that his father is very sick and selfish and this is mimicked by him. For the most part he is a good kid, I just have to remember how an 8 year old acts. I don't correct him a lot, most of the time I wait for Lady B to correct him if she feels it is needed, when I do say something it is done in a calm but assertive manner, just enough for him to know that what he is doing is wrong. I talk to Lady B about him and she does the same, once again this is done with respect and an openness that allows for understanding.

I have the job as a family advocate, right now we are waiting for the background check from the state patrol to be returned. There shouldn't be any troubles with the check. I will probably start working 19th of April. I am very excited about starting work, this period of unemployment has sucked, I am just not use to not working. Thank my God literally that I have Lady B and moving my mom in my life right now, they give me a purpose and something to keep me occupied. I see Mich once a week and take Angel every other week also, I am going to pick her up tomorrow for Easter weekend. Mich will come down on the weekend and get her.

Lady B and I checked out apartments yesterday. I found a nice one in my price range and in a good neighborhood. I now have to wait for the application to be accepted.

Waiting has been a huge part of this whole out of work gig. Breathing and living in the moment has helped but I still get a bit down. I know this whole situation has made and is making me stronger. Most of us know that growth periods are things that make us stronger but aren't always the most fun to go through. This period of time has been a chance to put awareness into more action from a different direction than before. There are so many areas of our lives that we need to be aware of but for me I am not aware until the need for awareness arises.

Well campers, my brain is starting to run down. I hope you all are well, smiling at the beauty that is living in this day.

Peace Love and Life
Scott

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. Thanks for sharing!

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DM said...

He is absolutely gorgeous!

You sound like you are in a great place...I am so happy for you and hugs from MI!

Paula said...

So happy to see Carter being well. I know that there are times in everyone's life where all exercise and breathing and counting blessings doesnt help but one slides a bit ( or a bit more ;-) simply because we are human and I learned to accept that being down needs to be accepted too. That it is ok to feel this way. You have lost this job and okk how many great things happened at the same time: You and Lady B., Carter being healthy, found a new job and a new apartment. That is so great. Could just hug you for all these thing happening to you. Love from this side of the pond.

Shadow said...

good news, good news, all round... have a lovely easter weekend!

Paula said...

Dear one, coming over to wish you and yours calm and joyful days. Paula xxx

speck of dust said...

wow, amazing to see a little fighter fighting for breath and life. Reminds me of how we start and helps me to be more accepting of the times life feels like a fight. And he looks very safe in his grandpa's arms. Much love to you and your family and Lady B over Easter.