Friday, November 6, 2009

Going Off line for a Few??

First up it was brought to my attention that I don't have a contact email address in my profile, I changed that but in case you don't check my profile here it is for anyone who wants to contact me directly, wolfie185@gmail.com

I am headed back to Kearney tomorrow around noon and will not be coming home until Tuesday afternoon, I am not sure if I will get the chance to log on or not, I think there are a couple of coffee shops with free Internet access but I am not positive, Kearney is rather small, my daughter does not have Internet. Any who my mom had her 80Th birthday on Wednesday so my sister's and I are having a surprise party for her on Sunday with family and friends. Also it has been a quite a while since I have spent time with my daughter and grand daughter, not to mention my mom,. I am going to stay at my daughters apartment, this way I can be with them in their home and spend quality time with them. The money is tight so instead of going out to eat I will just cook for them, I think they will like this better anyway, I will cook some of those things that only dad can make just right, plus bake some cupcakes for Angel. I am excited about spending time with Angel I am sure she misses grandpa as much as grandpa misses her, the last time I was home she made a fuss anytime she thought I was leaving her. My mom is going to pay to have photo's taken of us, so Sunday afternoon we are going to Olan Mills and having pictures done, pictures of Angel and then one of all 3 of us, I will have a disc made so I can post them for you all to see. By the time we are done it should be time for mom's birthday party, mom said she didn't want a party but I know deep in her heart she does want to be treated special and recognized.

While I am in Kearney I will get a chance to go to a favorite meeting of mine, see some dear friends there and meet up with some other close friends on Monday.

Did you know you all help me at work?? It is true, via some of your post and what you are going through, I use you as examples of recovery and living life on life's terms. I take your experience, strength and hope with me to the treatment center, don't use any name's of course. If one of the clients is having a certain problem that relates to something one of you has or is writing about I say I have this friend in recovery who is going through a similar problem and use your positive strength and faith to hopefully help the client. It is a small world campers and we are so much more interconnected than we think. Here is a big THANK YOU, for being so honest about what is going on in your lives, for going through the pain with hope that your God will take care of you, for writing gratitude list in the mix of turmoil and great suffering, for being funny when it hurts, love you all.

This evening is anger management again. I am going to use a format designed for treatment this time. We are going to take a closer look at anger what it is and where it comes from, something I have touched on before, I stand firm in my belief that most anger stems from fear, mainly fear that we won't get our way and will have to change, Yikes. Next we will talk about assertive and aggressive behaviors. Of course my experience comes for the side of not knowig how to be constructively assertive and the fear of asserting myself, that ole low self esteem blues mama. I have a worksheet that talks about the harm caused by being too passive or too aggressive which will move us into healthy conflict resolution, wow what a concept for ex drunks and druggies. There is also a worksheet for monitoring their anger levels during the week so they can look at the pattern. I want to really hit on the stuffer's, the ones that are afraid of showing or accepting anger, we have quite a few abused people in the group, men and women who are scared to show they are angry, people who need to learn to deal with the anger, to learn to get it out instead of keeping it in. There are also those who have no problem expressing anger and they need to understand how this effects other and in turns effects them. It will come back around to acceptance and serenity, to self worth, respect for self and others, it will come back around to how anger either agressively expressed or depressed in unhealthy ways is dangerous for alcoholics and addicts, you can take the Big Book away from the recovering alkie but you can't take the Big Book out of the Alkie once the message is ingrained. I have no idea of how this will all turn out, I will once again trust my God and open myself up to be a mouth piece in It's service.

Well campers I need to get in the shower, start cooking something for supper, plus iron some shirts for the weekend, permanent press my butt. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! For those who are going through a rough one, hang on to your butt's, trust your God and remember you are loved, the light at the end of the tunnel is within you, you just have to clear out the debris to see it.

Peace Love and Light and as Steve would say, I am going to stay sober and trust you will too!!!
Scott

4 comments:

Tall Kay said...

Have a safe trip Scott and know you will be missed while you're gone. Enjoy every second with that baby, okay? I know you will!

Paula said...

Have a safe trip, plenty of love and laughters. Thanks for you very encouraging words. Like you I feel often that no matter where we are and who we are, we have so much in common and are so much more alike. Love from Munich, Hugs Paula

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yeah. Permanant Press is a marketing ploy. And an ineffective one, at that.

Have a great week, Scott :)