Friday, November 13, 2009

5 Word Assignment

There is a new blogger game, Lou assigned Sarah 5 words to write something on, she gave Kristin and me 5 words to write something on, Kristin as her posted as well. If are interested in playing let me know and I will leave you 5 words in your comment section, this is just something fun and interesting to do. I am attempting to do this without a great deal of thought, just let the Muse do her thing.

So away we go!!!

FRIENDSHIP: Friendship to me means commitment and unconditional love. It also requires being honest. A true friendship isn't one sided, it is being there for each other. Over the years I have drifted away from most of the friends I had as a youth, we have different careers, our teenage interest have changed as we have matured. I still see some of these people on occasion, we exchange information about what is going on in our life's, make the typical "we will have to get together for coffee sometime" common statement, wishing it to be true but both knowing more than likely it won't but accepting this a part of life none the same. These certain people would be there for me in pinch the same as I would for them mainly out of a bond that goes back many years when we where tight. Today's close friendship are based on a deeper sense of commitment because these friends are recovering alcoholics and addicts, these are the people who will risk hurting my feelings to save my life. These are the people who I have been totally honest with and they have done the same with me, not out of ego trippin but out of humbling say this is who I am and can you love me anyway. A true friend doesn't care what we look like on the outside, their concern is for what is on the inside. A true friend knows the difference between F.I.N.E and fine. A true friend is the voice of the Higher Power when our ears are plugged with self pity. A true friend hands you the tissue to wipe your eyes with, says "I love you, now dust your ass off and get back on the horse." True friends are treasures more valuable jewels or gold. True friendship is a gift from God.

PHOTOGRAPH: When I think of photograph I think of the old black and white photographs of my grandparents, my parents and their siblings taken when where kids during the depression and early 40's. The word photograph is an nostalgic word for me. When I hear it used I think of something more important than just a picture taken. This is hard to explain really, I have pictures in my house some in albums some in zip lock bags, but the photographs I have in frames or stuck to the frig with magnetics for all to see.

RED: O.K. I will apologize up front for this one cause it is a bit sexist. The first thing that came to my mind when I read this word was red lingerie (blush), nothing is more sexy to me than a woman in red lingerie, white and black have their appeal but red is magical and I ain't saying anything more on this subject. The other red that comes to mind is the deep red of a rose. Rose's are my favorite flower and I can't wait to plants bushes at my new house. I love their beauty, there smell. I also see God and life in a rose bush. There is deep alluring beauty and there are nasty thorns. Red is not a favorite color for me when it comes to clothing but I do like it for a kitchen color, generally deep red not quite burgundy, for me it warms up a kitchen. I do like burgundy in clothing but I don't consider it red.

BATTLE: Interesting word Sarah! My first thought was the Led Zeppelin song Battle for Evermore, great song wonderful visionary lyrics but I will leave it at that. I remember my first spiritual experience, it was a dream I had when I was 19. In the dream there was a tug of war battle between a white force and a black force, the battle was for my soul and the light won. I don't use the word battle to think in terms of my alcoholism or addict, the cravings are gone, my Higher Power won that battle for me. There are minor scrimmages though but as long as I am doing the footwork my God requires of me they stay just that. I feel that the biggest battle I face on a daily bases is the battle of selfishness and ego. God is my Excalibur and I have to keep it in good repair to fight this battle. Some days I let it get rusty and I receive some wounds from the opponents sword. Like a good night watchman I have to be constantly aware of this enemy. If I lose this battle I could die, maybe not physically but spiritually.

PATH: This is the easy one. Path is the Spiritual path I am on and also my path in recovery. The path has been and is still being filled with great adventure. There are new and wonderful things to see all the time. It has also had it's share of tangled thickets, swamps and washed out roads but once those are trudged through, it smooths out for a while. The path is never ending. Along the path I have met Jesus, Buddha, King Arthur and Merlin, Bill, Dr. Bob, St. Francis made a special appearance and changed my life, I have heard the bards sing and the poets speak under oak trees, I have encountered the wonderful common people with compassion in their hearts, I have been touched by the greats and the smalls, I have seen new life and death and neither were young or old. The spiritual path is about my awareness, about being interconnected with everything in the universe, it is about serenity, harmony, compassion, loving kindness and the heart of true happiness. It is about living life on life's terms, on day at a time, one step at a time. It is about getting out of me and helping another. It is about freely giving back what was freely given.

Well that is it campers. It was interesting for me and hope once you are done scratching your heads it was interesting for you.

Peace Love and Light to all. May the Sunlight of the Spirit shine It's glorious light upon each and every one of you.

Gotta get ready for work, 11pm to 7am, I proof read this twice but am sure there are still mistakes, oh well. The slang in intentional though.

Scott

6 comments:

Tall Kay said...

Wow Scott! What a powerful description you had for all the words. I would have struggled with a few of those. The light is your heart is always so evident in your writing. I found it all very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Paula said...

Quite a description for all of your words given!Your love is always so present for me. It is Saturday and Ia m off therapy today meaning I can relax a bit and feel into the happenings of the last week. On top it might give me the time to feel into my 5 words given by Lou too. Your wise words in your comments mean yo much to me. Thank you with all my heart. Love from Munich

wolfie185 said...

Driving to work it dawned on me another answer for Red, now if this would be the average answer from a Nebraskan and it would have been a snap reply. Red is for Go Big Red, Red is the color of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, college sport team for those that don't know. Go Red Red is close to Beatlemania here during football season but since I only like the team and don't worship them I totally spaced off this meaning. Please don't anyone here know this or I may not get a tax refund this year;-D

Tall Kay said...

Hi Scott:

I have something for you over at my blog. Hope your night shift went well! Hugs, Karen

speck of dust said...

I saw your comment on Paula's blog and thought it was really insightful so I came for a nosy over here at your blog, hope you don't mind. I have enjoyed learning more about you from your interpretation of a few words. From something very small (one word) you have manifested greatness with your loves and aspirations and beliefs. I also love the name of your blog. Feel free to visit me at mine anytime. All the best x

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.