Thursday, September 17, 2009

Have A Great Weekend All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They like me at my new job enough to trust loaning me out to a halfway which is short handed today, so I be working there from 11:30am until 4:00pm and then back to the treatment center until 10:00pm. After work I get on the interstate for the 2 hour drive to my old town. Saturday is the area meeting that N and I are going to, we will have to leave no later than 7:30am, I told N 7:00am because she is one of those wonderful people who is never ready on time, so hopefully we will leave sometime between 7:15 and 7:30 which is the latest we need to leave in order to be at the location of the area meeting by 9:00, that is without me breaking the speed limit too much, I don't get excited about her inability to be punctual, it is part of who she is and I have come to accept this. We only need to be there for the morning sessions since neither one of is a GSR or holds a head committee position, so we will eat lunch with some friends, socialize a bit then head back in the early afternoon, so we can spend time with the kids. I haven't spent time with the 2 older kids in about 4 weeks and am looking forward to it, plus spending time with my little buddy. I bought her oldest daughter a book on uncluttering our lives, it is a book for teenagers, the book talks about mental and physical clutter, actually it is a good book for adults as well, the objective of the book is to teach us that by getting rid of the clutter in our lives that we are actually better able to manage our lives and be happier. The book takes a basic way in understand how the mental and physical clutter effects our emotions and levels of stress, clutter is a metaphor for being overwhelmed. I read most of the book at work last night, I was working the grave shift and there wasn't much to do other than check the clients rooms every hour and inventory the kitchen, it was a quick and fun read. I am also lending her Living Buddha, Living Christ and a basic book on Buddhism because she has shown a strong interest in Buddhist philosophy and practices. I am not trying to convert her and N knows this, she is just a 14 year old girl who is starting to question her beliefs and understand the different roads of Spiritualism. I was in the spiritual wilderness from the time I was 14 until AA introduced me to the God of my understanding at 24. What little I did know, no matter how hard I wanted something better was killed by being an active alcoholic, it is only be staying sober that I am able to live on a spiritual plain.

Sunday I will go to what use to be one of my home groups, then spend part of the afternoon with my daughter and granddaughter. My granddaughter has turned into a real go getter. She took her sweet time learning to walk but from what my daughter tells me she is hell on wheels now. I will probably take her to the park for the afternoon plus knowing grandpa I will probably buy her some stuff too. She is another one who loves books, my daughter told me the other day that Angel, granddaughter, has started handing her books and sits on my daughters lap with them. I bought her a couple of touch and feel books yesterday, grandpa being the bookworm he is will start hitting the bargain bins and garage sales for books for her. I look forward to spend quality time with my daughter and granddaughter, we haven't done much of that since I moved down here, due to different things. They are coming down here in October so that we can go to the zoo in Omaha before the cold weather hits which we are both excited for. My daughter talked a bit about going back to her home group, I pray that she does but we all know this isn't in my hands. She also talked more about starting college classes, another thing I am praying for.

So I guess you could say I have a busy weekend planned and one full of people I love. I am going to conclude this with a short gratitude list.

1. I am sober
2. I have a relationship with the God of my understanding today because I am sober
3. I have a relationship with my daughter and granddaughter because I am sober
4. I have a relationship with N and her kids because I am sober
5. I have a new job where I am respected and trusted because I am sober
6. I have a drivers license and insurance because I am sober
7. I have a whole fellowship full of people who love me and I love them back because I am sober
8. I love service work and the opportunity it gives me to give something back to the fellowship that has helped me stay sober

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

Peace Love and Light
Scott

4 comments:

Shadow said...

you weekend plans sound looooovely. and i wouldn't mind reading a book or two about uncluttering one's life. i'm quite clutter free in my environment, but my mind... i think that could do with a bit of a spring-clean. always. have a super weekend scott!

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Prayer Girl said...

Your weekend sounds like it will be full of interesting and fun activities. Enjoy.
Thanks for you comment on my 55.

PG

Tall Kay said...

I just went to my first Area Assembly a week ago. I found it all so facinating. How in the world can a bunch of ex-drunks run anything...much less the future of AA? Just goes to prove that God HAS to be involved!

Thank you for your very insightful comments. I always love meeting a new blogger. I hope your weekend was better than you even imagined! See you soon, Tall Karen