Friday, November 26, 2010

Yesterday and Today

Hey wasn't that the name of a Beatles album:-)

Yesterday was good, Lady B, her mom and I made some of the food. We were given the task of making sweet potato casserole, irony is none of us like sweet potatoes, so we laughed as fumbled our we through making them but those who ate them said it was good. Mich's boyfriend/Carter's dad show up to my surprise, I don't hate the kid nor is he not invited to spend time with us, just don't like that he is a lazy pot smoker who spends too much time playing Magic cards and not enough do things around the house. Carter was in a really good mood, he was laughing, smiling and talking up a storm. Angel was her usual busy body self.

I knew the uneasiness would lift once I got to town and around Lady B. Her mom is really nice and we get along well, same goes for her sister.

I stopped at the cemetery on the way to Kearney, poured some coffee on my dad's grave, mediated for a few minutes and smiled. My dad was like me in he liked his coffee. I also poured some coffee on the grave on of one of the best characters I ever met in AA. George was something else, he chained smoked, drank a lot of coffee, teased the women in a harmless way and grunted when he talked. He died while I was back out drinking, feel bad I didn't to tell him how much he meant to me. His grave is a short walk away from dad's, when I visit dad I also pour some coffee on his grave and if the wind isn't blowing leave a cigarette in memory, he was friend of my dad's too so it is cool their stones are close together. George didn't have any family AA was his family, his sobriety date is on his stone, kind of cool.

Today I woke up hacking bad with drainage again, not sure if it was caused by the dry air in Lady B's bedroom or the junk just flaring up again. But after a couple cups of coffee and a few cigarettes, yeah I know shouldn't smoke but the chemicals in the cigarettes help at least that is my rationality, I was better. I did the Black Friday thing. Went and bought some fuzzy sleeper socks for $.99 for the ladies who work for me, figured I could give them the socks with candy attached, not much just a way to show them I appreciate the work they do. Lady B had to work but she had me buy some jeans that were on sale for her youngest. I bought her youngest a sleeping bag and battery operated lantern. I didn't find anything for Angel or Carter but got some ideas. I am going to get Lady B a garnet necklace, not sure if I will buy locally or see what I can find on line. Mich is going to get her rent paid up plus maybe a little something, need to find out how much back rent she owes first. I didn't go shopping early, 9am so the stores weren't too bad.

I took Lady B's youngest out to lunch then to buy groceries. He wanted spaghetti taco's for supper, so that is what I am making him, made lasagna for Lady B and I. Since Lady B works retail figure she would be having a very long day, so making supper and doing laundry is a simple way of saying I love you.

All in all it has been a good day, relaxing even with all I did.

Have a sweet one campers!!!

Peace Love and Light
Scott

No comments: