Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More on What's Happening



This is Sioux lookout, located about 10 miles south east of North Platte Nebraska, my present home, the water in the foreground is an irrigation channel that goes for at least 150 miles. This is the highest peek for many miles, the Lakota Sioux and probably the Araphoe used this peek to watch the migration of settlers along the Oregon Trail, plus watch US Army movements. When I was a teenager you could still climb to the top, you can't anymore probably do to people trashing the pasture land and messing with cattle, not sure but there is a big No Trespassing sign on the fence now.



We did a few camp outs this summer, not as many as last summer because Lady B works on some Saturdays. Spent Memorial Day weekend at our little hide way in the canyons. Lady B and her oldest son went with myself and a few others tubing down the Niobrara on the 2nd annual Soberfloat, they both had a blast and Lady B was thinking about the next summers float when we left, whether to tube or canoe, plus different lodging. We borrowed her dad's RV and the cost of gas was more than a cabin rental. I have hopes of buying good used pop up camper and Suburban for camping season next year. Lady B and her youngest aren't tent dwellers. Lastly we rented a cabin at a really lovely state park outside of Omaha in late August, we used this as base camp for going into Omaha for the air show at Offut Air Base. This was my birthday present for her youngest son. Made brownie points on this venture and now it is going to be an annual event for youngest birthday according to him. Neither Lady B or youngest had been around fighter jets before and the Thunderbirds were the main attraction, total rush for them, did my old Air Force heart some good also.

My relationship is good. Some days I worry when the conversations a bit bland or overly quiet, wander if I am doing something wrong. I just remind myself, it isn't always about me and also I can't take her hostage nor she me. Healthy relationships are just like this, not every weekend is chipper, we humans just don't function like that 100% of the time. We see things from different lights, so what may be of major importance to me may not be to her and this goes the same with her. I don't always give her the feedback she expects the same as I don't get the feedback I expect. We both take the relationship a day at a time, no future plans of moving in together, one both of us have ties to the towns we live in so moving either direction is out of the picture for now. We accept each other for who we are, blemishes and all, don't try and change the other. She is very independent in a lot of ways and I like this. I have been around way too many Co-Dependent people and it bothers me. We found out her youngest is Bi-Polar, he is 9, this has been a challenge but now know why he behaves the way he does makes it easier to deal with him, he was also placed on a med the equals things out for the most part, so the highs and lows aren't so drastic.

Michelle's relationship with Carter's father is a roller coaster. She has some Co-Dependency issues going on. There is a lot of verbal abuse, sure both parties are to blame, he is a control freak also. I try and stay out of their lives unless I see it is effecting the babies. She is like a lot of young women and men too, when she is ready and willing she will do something about the conditions of her life but not until the pain is enough to finally say enough is enough. Every time they break up I hope it is for good and she finds a strong and stable relationship, with a good hard working and fairly sane man. I recently learned they are both drinking and partying which is out of my hands, once again just have to keep my ears and eyes open.

I am extremely grateful to be sober and that I have a spiritual path to walk on, without it none of what I have written would have taken place I still use the Dharma as my guide, it fits my soul like a old pair of sandals. I stay in contact with old AA friends and go to meetings in Kearney most of the time when I spend the weekend at Lady B's house. Still haven't connect with a group here. My lame excuse is been busy at work or at moms, truth be told when I get done in the evenings I am exhausted, still lame excuse but I have serenity and awareness of my disease, recovery plays a great deal in the work I do, I carry the message in a very subtle way.

Well my spiritual kin, I hope this has satisfied your curiosity for now.

Peace Love and Light
Scott

4 comments:

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

It does sound like you have been very busy and over all life is good. I like your glass half full attitude that shines through in what you write.

You are wise to not involve yourself in your daughters business unless of course it affects your grandchildren. I know this is not easy to do since you love your daughter and only want the best for her. In many ways, she reminds me of myself when I was young like her....with so much to learn and yet so many responsibilities for someone so young. May it give you hope that eventually she will learn just as I did.

Blessings to you and yours. XX Lori

Shadow said...

oh, hallo, my dear dear friend. i'm so glad to hear you're back in a job that, i think, is perfect for you! good going!!!

Paula said...

Oh, it is so good to hear about your job! It is even balsam on your soul considering the way the previous job ended. You sound so content and I am all happy for you!