Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rainbow in the Clouds

You are all in luck I am using the laptop key board instead of my regular keyboard so I won't be typing a great deal since I am not the proficient with it and can't type fast, so the post won't be my usual length (-:

I am writing this from Lady B's backroom at her work. We had a great weekend at the speaker event and at my house spending time together. I brought her back to Kearney Sunday and am staying at her house because I have no real reason to be in Lincoln. We enjoy the time together, her son is warming up to me also. I am not forcing myself on him and Lady B is making sure she is available for him, basically I am just another body in the house, plus I help her out around the house and cook for her a bit too. Really being here is just giving me something to do, plus I spend time with my mom.

Monday I took mom and my aunt to North Platte, the town where mom bought her new house. We looked at the house some more, got an idea of which bedroom she will sleep in and which one will be her sewing room and spare room. I also took some measurements for stuff and checked out some minor repairs that need to be done and lawn work.

Monday I also had 2 interviews in North Platte. The first one was for an apartment complex manager. The company took over 2 HUD complexes in Kearney and need a manager here for them. The interview went really well. The pay is good and they offer an apartment with employment. I am not sure this job will keep me motivated over the long haul, it is a lot of paperwork processing, background checks, apartment inspections and handling tenant problems and reprimanding tenants. The last bit I don't mind it is the doing paperwork all the time which may get to be a drag and non challenging enough. Having said that if the job is offered and I don't have an alternative I will gladly take it.

The second job is in North Platte. It is a family advocacy agency. The agency works with kids who are wards of the state via DHHS and their families. They provide support via, helping families meet the goals of re-unification as directed by DHHS (department of health and human services) and the court/judge. They education the kids and families on different areas thae need improvement, work on the family strengths and suggest ways to correct weaknesses. They go to court with the families as a support person. They work for the family, this is a voluntary program, sometimes it is suggested with a push from the caseworker but once the family understands the agency works for them and not DHHS the family is fairly comfortable with the assistance and suggestions. The agency also works as a go between or added support voice for when the family is having troubles with DHHS or even the schools. The woman who is the director use to be the director of a similar agency in Kearney and knew me from an AA presentation I did with her and also an interview when I applied for a job there. She really likes me and was excited when she got my resume. She told me I have the job if the background check comes back good which it should. The pay is less than the manager job but this is a job that will be challenging and rewarding. My daughter was a ward of the state so I know the system plus my own experiences as a parent with alcohol/drug problems, this is a benny that the director likes. She also likes the passion I have for wanting to help others.

North Platte isn't the nicest city in Nebraska, not quite the arm pit of larger cities but it is in the top 5. I will just have to accept living there. I may have to pay a bit for a decent apartment or house but that is alright. I will be able to help mom out, take care of her yard work, assist with her paperwork so that is a plus. North Platte is an hour and 15 minute drive from Kearney so it won't be too hard for me to see Mich, the babies and Lady B. If this is were my God wants me to be then this is where I will go.

Mich, Angel and Carter are all doing well. Carter is on track for being released from the hospital on April 21st. He is gaining weight and is healthy. Mich has broken up with Matt, too long of a story to post. Basically she is tired of his games and attitude. She also met a guy in recovery and has been hanging out with him. She likes living sober and clean and Matt has put a strain on that. More later about all this. I have told both of them that their troubles are theirs and dad isn't going to get involved other than to take care of Angel on occasion.

Well campers that's a rap for now. I am meeting a buddy for lunch. I hope all are doing well. I send you my love and prayers/blessings.

Peace Love and Light
Scott

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good stay and safe trip home!

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Seems like a lot is working out for you and I am so happy to hear that. You simply sound sane. It is inspiring to me.
Once again I really appreciate your kind and caring comment on my post. I am working hard to keep up, however a slip or drawback is human, maybe necessary, who knows... for sure I would pick up again and carry on.
Thanks for being out there.

Paula said...

Thinking of you. HUgs across the pond

Shadow said...

i'm holding thumbs on the job front for you. and its good to hear from you!