Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Missing Someone

The muse woke up this afternoon and I jotted down this poem

Missing Someone

I am missing someone today
Burning eyes without a face
Eyes I see are many to me
Collage of those I hold dear

I am missing my dad today
His death is still surreal
More like he is on vacation
Less like he is dead
Dear man I miss you most

I am missing some friends today
They took their lives
The booze and drugs that took control
In the end they were all alone

I am missing someone today
Burnings eyes through life
Mystic haze
Touch me deep inside

I am missing my heroes today
Lennon’s imagination
Stevie Ray with his beat up Strat
Cash’s song for everyman
Waylon’s hypnotic voice and the black hat
Marley singing for one world for one love
Pickers, singers and poets, who touched the very heart of me

I am missing an ex today
She wasn’t my true love
She was my dear friend
Suicide ultimate act of selfish pain
Easier to die than face tomorrow

I am missing someone today
Someone I have never met
Someone who will show up later
A friend to fill a void and maybe move along

I am not missing me today
I am here
I am aware
No longer incarcerated in the prison of my soul

Yes I miss someone today
But sadness is free
I have loved
I will love again
Missing someone is being alive in the world

S.E.W 12-30-08

2 comments:

AsDreamsFade said...

You are such a creative and talented writer, even in poetry. I enjoyed your poem as I'm sure others will as well. Thank you for all your advice and suggestions about blogging.

simon jacobs said...

"Missing someone is being alive
in the world"

Yes, longing, and the pain of desire are still sensations
and tell us we are alive though
they are "unpleasant".

Thanks, as always, for your comments about my doings and goings.

Pete.