Friday, October 3, 2008

Dylan's It's Alright Ma

As I fumble arounded this afternoon, thoughts and lyrics flashing back and forth, the song process went from Rage Against the Machine which lead to Woody Guthrie which took me to Dylan. With the debate and political opinions on the blogs I read plus what has been going down with me the Dylan song that sticks in my mind is 'That's Alright Ma ( I'm Only Bleeding)" Dylan has written some great songs/poems (depending on how you view him) my favorites depend on my mood but this song is my un-disputed favorite. I love the mixture of images, the razor shape criticism of society and the fact that 33 years later it is still relevant. It is too long to post so here is a link.
http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/its-alright-ma-im-only-bleeding

No comments: