Sunday, March 29, 2009

Peaceful Sunday Morning

I am so greatful for the gift of soberiety and Dharma!!! My Angel (granddaughter) woke up at 9:30 same time as me, I made her a bottle put her in her high chair gave her some cereal to munch on, made my coffee and all is well. It is sunny and peaceful outside, I have the window next to the laptop open, Angel is behind me, happy and continent, what more could I ask for!! 3 years ago this wouldn't have been possible, my head would have been foggy, by 11:00am I would be on my first beer, my daughter would have in no way moved in with me for a short period until she gets things going, she probably wouldn't have let me take care of Angel either. I am taking Angel with me to the my Sunday morning AA meeting, if Mich wakes up and Angel isn't here she will know she is safe. I wasn't a safe person when I drank, I didn't get in the car without at least a six pack of beer, unless I was heading to work. I was getting very forgetful in the last stages of my drinking also. It is a beautiful thing to have a clear and aware mind today, I not mean the lightly. I have receiced some wonderful gifts from living the 12 steps of recovery and following the Dharma.
Today I will hopefully finish the shed I started building last fall, one or more of my sponsee's is coming over this afternoon, we will share in the gift of recovery and maybe do some step work. Two of the guys I sponsor have really been an asset for me. they are a grounding force and a joy to watch grow. One of them got high on Thursday but called me, tail between his legs, we took a roadtrip last night to an out of town meeting and hopefully he is over the shame and ready to press on. Well some one wants down and I need to get her and me both dressed.

1 comment:

simon jacobs said...

yes sobriety is righteous.

No question about it.

Your sponsee who picked up and
flet shame is blessed to have that
emotion, if that is what it takes
to abstain completely...shame it is.

I made it through a year because
I simply knew where drinking would
take me...sure a good solid drunk
had the appearence of "feeling good", but those sensations were
short lived when the body started
to feel withdrawal and wanted more
or just wanted to shut down.

And the next morning we all know what happens.

If active drunks could only get a glimpse of the clarity and peace
of sobriety they would be motivated
completely.

Just as the meditator gets a glimpse of the "mind of clear light" and is motivated to
continue the practice.

May we be at peace and maintain
our sobriety to be an example
for the suffering addict.

Pete.