Friday, August 8, 2008

Spiders Web

In the grass outside the overhead door at work is a vertical railroad tie, which sticks out of the ground about 3 feet. This morning I stepped out for a smoke and a bit of peace, yes I still smoke haven’t quite found the willingness to surrender yet, I rested my foot on the top tie and looked down and there was a very beautiful sight. A spider had spun a solid web from the tie to some grass growing next to the tie, during the night moisture had gathered on the web, my eyes where awaken to a very delicate glimmering work of nature. You see my morning started at 8:00am with the boss vomiting negativity, vulgarity and profanity right off the start, I was able to go inward and deflect most of it and not let it bother me but it still lingered in air of the office I share with him. It was 9:00am when I stepped out and noticed natures little bit of artwork and engineering wonder. Lately I have been practicing looking beyond the obvious so I mediated on everything that made the web and the effects it has as a whole. First there was the spider who made the web, the spider would catch insects in the web, eat them and then defecate which would in turn nourish the earth so the plants would grow providing food for the insects she would eat and support for the web she weaved that captured the insect. Then there was the moisture which provided life support for the plants, predator and prey. The sunshine had its special ingredient to the process and then there was me, the human. I depend on the earth, water and sun to live so these elements are a part of me and so I am a part of the vegetation, predator and prey, we are all one. It is amazing to start waking up and noticing such things as a spider web and how much more it is. I have also been practicing concentrating on the voices of the birds, focusing on them and blocking out the noise of construction, trains and even my co-workers. These few minutes taken in mediation are providing me with a great inter peace one that I take back with me into my office, a peace that helps me build an aura against the negative energy. For now I can’t change jobs but I can find the inter peace to make my time at work less stressful for myself and also others who experience the same feelings.

2 comments:

greenfrog said...

In each drop of water at each intersection of the spider's web was a reflection of the world around it.

I imagine that included a reflection of you, too.

I liked that post. Thanks.

wolfie185 said...

Thanks Greenfrog I really appreciate that