Monday, January 11, 2010

Carter and More




Here is a little this and that, some of it was before Carter's birth and part of the post I was working on when I got the call that Mich was going in for the emergency c-section.

I went to Omaha late this afternoon, Mich need some nursing pads, she is pumping and freezing breast milk, she also needed laundry soap plus I wanted to see her, I hadn't been down since last Tuesday. They are going well, not fighting at all right now. They have Mich on Oxycodone and she LIKES it, I told I do too and to be careful the stuff is very addictive:) They took Angel back to Kearney this weekend to stay with Matt's mom and sister because she was coming down with a cold and coughing. Mich was afraid she might get sick and wouldn't be able to see Carter. So far this is working but I am interested to see how the rest of the week progresses, I honestly hope it goes well for every ones sake. Angel is coming back this weekend and Mich said I could bring her back her next week for a couple of days if I want to or if her and Matt start fighting about her being there again. I have had calm acceptance about all this thanks to faith in a Power Greater than me.

Carter is doing well, the took the lamp off of him because the jaundice is gone. I said to the nurse that he seems fairly healthy, she replied he is stable which must be their way of saying don't get your hopes too high because anything can happen with a baby this premature. He still doesn't open his eyes, they aren't sure just when this will happen. Mich said they won't be able to hold him yet for another 4-6 weeks, she is able to reach in and touch him and let him hold her finger though. I spent about 10 minutes alone with him, said some prayers over him and send out positive love and energy. I see him as pure right now, pure of heart and more enlightened than any of us, to me this is the amazing thing with newborns, they have yet to develop a self or ignorance.

Three weeks ago I was in a car accident, I was turning left on a yellow light and a person I didn't see blow through the light going straight, I hit her in the drivers side door, she was going fast enough she did a 180 in the middle of the road. I was sited at fault even though neither one of us should have been proceeding through the yellow light the way we were. She was driving an SUV and it didn't hurt her vehicle much. It broken the drivers side grill out of my car, dented the hood and drivers side fender but my car is drivable. I can go to a salvage yard and buy a front grill assembly and light assembly for my car, I can't afford full coverage insurance. The positives are, neither one of us got hurt, my air bag didn't deploy, I had insurance and wasn't drunk. If this would have happened 4 years ago I would still be sitting in jail because I probably wouldn't have had insurance and I would have had a beer between my legs and more behind the passengers seat, it was 6 in the evening and usually be then I had down at least a 6 pack.

Work has been good. We have some new clients with new challenges so I keep getting opportunities for growth. Between the holidays and snow days they haven't had much treatment time and are getting restless, the technicians have really had to step up to the plate and do the best we can to keep them sane and on the right path. I have had to get a bit more assertive with some client because they think just because I am one of them I will be softer on them. I have stolen a quote from the movie The Shawshank Redemption to use in some of my groups, "get busy living or get busy dying". I am trying to instill the severity of alcoholism and addiction on them.

When I was in Kearney back in early December I met a woman at a meeting I hadn't seen in quite a while, we chated for a bit and she looked me up on facebook. Via facebook we started talking which turned to actual phone calls. New Years Eve she sent me a an animated smacking kiss as a flirt. I was able to visit with her while I was back last week looking after Angel, we had a nice visit and exchanged tight hugs. It is nice to know someone is interested in me and I like her also. We weren't close before but we are building a friendship now. Not sure where this will lead but there is promise. She has given me a lot of support the last week and also calmed me down when I was frustrated. I won't set my expectations too high on this turning into a full blown close relationship but I will continue to do the footwork as long as we continue to talk back and forth. I feel I learned a lot with my relationship to N and know how I fooled myself in that one.

Well campers it is midnight I have to get up at 6am for work. Thank you all for your love and prayers, they are helping all of us!

May the sunlight of the Spirit shine upon you all.
Love and Hugs
Scott

6 comments:

speck of dust said...

Keep thinking your wee boy is looking good!! He needs those positive thoughts around him. We all have the possibility of dying at any minute really. Byron Katie wrote about when her grandson was born he nearly died and she was smiling at him while everyone was consumed by fear. And she said 'he doesn't have to LIVE for me to love him'. She was being in the moment with this little life and showing the most unconditional love of all.

I'm really impressed with what a great counsellor, grandfather and father you are! Sorry to hear about the crash. And I'm glad to hear of a blossoming relationship. You deserve it!

Shadow said...

what an eventful time you've had. and i believe them little one's are stronger than they look. love and prayers and sunshine for you all!

Anonymous said...

Lots going on right now, Scott. I'm praying for your baby. 4-6 weeks without being held just breaks my heart, but I know it will all work out.

New lady friend, eh?

Hmmmmm...

Must keep us posted ;)

peet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I am happy to hear that Carter and your daughter are doing fairly well. I'm kinda behind on my blog reading and had been wondering hoe that was all going. I do pray that he continues to improve and that your little angel gets to spend some special time with you. Blessings to you and your family Scott. Lori

Tall Kay said...

You're in my prayers. In God's world there are no mistakes.

Take it slow...you are more vulnerable right now than you realize. Love and hugs :o)